This is a brief post to say a big Thank You! to everyone who supported me in my successful bid to become a governor on the Guy’s & St Thomas Council of Governors.
I’d also like to thank Chris Brasted for wishing me good fortune immediately after the results were published. A fine candidate. I very much hope he will stand again when the next opportunity arises.
Finally I’d like to thank everyone that voted, whether it was for me or for Chris. The Council of Governors has an important role to play in the Trust’s future, and the more the non-clinical staff constituency participate, the greater our influence. The overarching aim is to ensure the best outcomes for the Trust as a whole; for its patients, its staff and for the broader community it serves.
I welcome feedback here in the comments, through Twitter @brynrwilliams
on LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/in/brynrwilliams
Or – if you have GSTT email – on Yammer the Trust’s internal social networking environment.
I’ve reposted my priorities below, so you can more easily call me to account on what I am doing to promote them:
- Free Wi-Fi for patients, family & friends and staff across the GSTT estate
- Training offered in best (and most appropriate) use of Social Media to staff
- GSTT to strive to be London exemplar of best use of Social Media for communicating meaningfully with the community
- Removal of internal restrictions on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and other Social Networking tools
- Encourage personal and professional development though recognising value of massive open on-line courses (MOOCs)